- 1 - 16oz Villari Sausage Roll
- 1 Loaf of French Bread (cut into small cubes) 16 to 18 ounces
- 4 ounces Butter
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 4 Stalks Celery, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Sage (freshly chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme Leaves (freshly chopped)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Rosemary (freshly chopped)
- 2 Large Eggs (beaten slightly)
- The day before, cube the bread into 1/4" pieces and leave out overnight to dry out, or you can speed the process up by baking the cubes in a single layer in a 200-to-225-degree F. oven for approx. 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. spray baking dish (approx. 9”X13”) with non-stick spray.
- Cook Sausage over medium heat until Sausage is browned. Add the Onions and Celery and cook until soft and translucent. Stir in the garlic and Herbs and cook 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Season cooked mixture with Salt and Pepper
- Next place the bread in a large bowl, add the cooked ingredients and mix. Whisk together in a separate bowl the Chicken Broth and Egg. Now pour it over the bread mixture and add the salt and pepper, mix together thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture into Baking Dish and cover with foil. Bake until cooked through, approx. 45 to 50 minutes. Remove the Foil and continue to cook for another 15 to 20 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.