- 2 Pounds Villari Brothers Smoked Pork Tails
- 1 Pound Dried Black-eyed Peas
- 1 1/2 Cups Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1 Cup Green Bell Peppers, chopped
- 1 Cup Carrots, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a Large Pot or Dutch Oven, bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Add the Smoked Pork Tails and cook for 1 hour or until they're tender. Add more water as needed.
- Add Black-eyed Peas and cook for 30 minutes.
- Sauté the Onion, Bell Pepper, Carrot and Celery and add to the pot.
- Cook until peas are soft.
- Mix Softened Butter and Flour to make a “Buerre Manie.”
- Add the Buerre Manie to the pot and stir to combine evenly and thicken the juice.