- 5 or 6 pounds of cleaned Collard Greens with Stems Removed
- 2 Large Yellow Onions Chopped
- 6 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
- 2 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 2 to 2 1/2 Pounds Smoked Turkey Wings
- 2 – 16 ounce containers of Chicken Stock or Chicken Broth
- I like to wash in salt water, rinse and drain the Collard Greens a couple of times.
- Place Oil and Onions in a Large Pot and cook until translucent.
- Then add the Garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add Chicken Stock and Smoked Turkey Wings.
- Chop Collard Greens and Add to the pot.
- Some people like to add 1 or 2 teaspoons of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to cook with the Collard Greens. Add them at this time if you want your Collards to have a slight kick.
- Cook until tender. (Should take an hour +or- 10 minutes)….. As Collard Greens cook down you may need to add water; do so as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings after Collard Greens are tender. Salt and Pepper to taste, you may not need to add salt depending on the amount of salt in the Chicken Stock or Broth.
- Serve with Vinegar ….. Apple Cider Vinegar is good, but try Balsamic Vinegar and you may have found your favorite vinegar with Collard Greens.