The Porterhouse Pork Chop is the right cut to broil, grill, pan fry or stuff. Thicker chops are ideal marinated and grilled. Thinner chops are great breaded and pan-fried. No matter how you serve them you just can’t miss. Our Porterhouse Chops are tender, extremely flavorful and create a “majestic” look on any plate.
General Cooking Instructions
- Heat a grill or smoker to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the Chops and rub the oil all over. Sprinkle both sides of the Chops with salt and pepper.
- Place the Porterhouse Pork Chops on the grill grate and sear for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn a quarter turn and let sear for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn over and repeat. (This will give you the diamond marks that look so appealing on steaks and chops.)
- Remove from the direct heat and let Chops finish on a rack high (about 12 inches) above the heat, or turn one side of the grill off and move the chops to the side without direct heat. Let Chops continue to cook until internal temperature is 145°F. This should take a total of about 15 - 18 minutes for a 1-inch thick Porterhouse Chop. A thicker Chop will take longer, and one that is more thinly cut will take less time. (Of course, the temperature of your grill will also affect the time needed to reach 145°F.)
- Serving Size
- 3oz. (85g)
- Servings Per Container
- Servings Per Container Varied
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat 70|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g|
|Dietary Fiber 0g|